Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Copenhagen shopping spree





I must admit the last year has been anything but fun to me.
I've had a hard time smiling, and when I look through my private journal on my pc, there's absolutely nothing nice in it from the last year - I bet it's the same on this blog, so I'm sorry about that.

But today, I experienced one of those feelings where you can just feel.. joy. Joy you did not expect on a quite boring and meaningless day.
I was on my way home from the university, when I decided to get off my bike and walk down through the shopping spree of Copenhagen, since it's on the way home anyways. I'm quite happy I made that decision.
On the way, I first bump into this amazing little street orchestra. A man slapping an acoustic guitar, a guy playing banjo, a guy playing on one of these drum-boxes kind of things, and a lady playing flute. Their music really reminded me about the feelings some music can make me feel - like when I listen to the soundtrack from the cartoon Spirit, or the music from Edward Scissorhands. It's like my heart lights up and I feel like I lift a little bit from the ground. It's the kind of music that makes me feel like I can do anything.

Next thing I bump into on my walk is another street musician. A guy standing in the archway opposite the round tower. His clothes is baggy and worn. He has long hair, which looks like he didn't care to cut or style it, and a beard looking like he didn't care to take time to shave this morning. He has an acoustic guitar and an amazing and crisp voice. This guy made me stop for a second, since I was very drawn to his music. He made me think of a certain someone I still struggle to forget about. But then I realized.. even though I was drawn to his music and his natural charm, he was.. Not enough. I wouldn't be able to be with a person like that. A person who doesn't care for anything but his own music and his own little world. Not being able to care for me, or to go somewhere with his life - like that other person haunting my mind every day.

My feet leads me to Kultorvet, and the weirdest thing happen. I've just had one realization about an ex-boyfriend, and then another memory hits me. The square is filled with Scientology-people who tries to spread the word of dianetics. I have another ex-boyfriend who tried to make me use that, and in this moment I remember how.. ridiculous and naive I used to be in my past. I always just listened to whatever people told me, and did whatever they wanted me to, instead of maintaining my own opinions. This has also affected my choice of boyfriends in the past - since I always just ended up with someone who adored me - not so much the other way around (at least some of the times).

My walk comes to an end, and sums up everything I've experienced in a very good way. First, I get a free tasting of a vegan cake. I've considered for some time now to become vegan, or at least vegetarian when I cook at home. It's healthy, it's cheap, and can be really tasty - which that cake really reminded me!
Also, I bump into an old friend. A girl I haven't seen in ages, but who I've always really liked - most of all because she's always so nice, happy and positive. She never see people in a bad light, and is just so fun to be around, since she's so positive!
Both things that points to what I want my future to contain. Positive vibes and a healthy lifestyle.

I think I should take this walk down the shopping spree every week. Especially if I get the same experiences and realizations every time I do it. When I got home, I just had a really good feeling inside of me, and that's an describable feeling I've really missed. Thank you wonderful Copenhagen!








- Kayleigh





No comments:

Post a Comment